torsdag 5 mars 2009

scrap happy

I've been so good this week and completed 2 layouts. I have decided to scrap some of my newest pictures right away to harness my excitement of those pictures. I have also decided to make a monthly layout with some of my faves that tell the story of that month. It is very rewarding to see the completed pages and to be up to date. (Forget that I haven't scrapped most of my pics between 2006-2008)

So here they are *drumroll*

My January layout shows some of the winter activities we did like snowblowing, snowshoeing making a snow-woman and the dogs snowball fetching. It kind of shows how deep the snow is. But really...it's deeper than it looks!!!!
Info for scrappers:
The layout is a combination of various overlapped icy blue and white papers. Most of them come from the DCWV Christmas stack, the dotted paper is from The Stack II (old DCWV) and the light blue paper on the bottom is Paper Loft.
I added a blue velvet ribbon (American Craft?) and made a mock bow with a bejewled brad in the middle. I also made a tab out of the ribbon and added a star crystal from Michael's. I cut out around part of the snowflake in the paper and added a snowflake brad (from Target). Finally I cut out the letters and the flower/snowflake with my cricut machine using the Storybook cartridge. There is a flower jewel from Michael's in the middle of the flower.

This layout shows the cookies I made for Valentine's day, our now three dogs, the scrapbooking party I had with the kids and me being sworn in to the VASA order.

To all my scrapoholics: I printed out the pictures in thin 11 inch "slivers" using scrapbooking software. I ripped the ends of it and glued it to black background paper. I cut strips from a white, mint, and maroon striped paper (Wild Asparagus) and from a maroon and black flowered paper (DCWV, All Dressed Up stack). I tore and placed the strips horizonally along the pictures and vertically on the opposite side together with another cookie pic. I journaled on a tag from Wal-Mart and shapes cut out with the cricut (Storybook cartridge) I used the same cartridge to cut out the swirls and the title. Finally I decorated using bling from Target, Wal Mart and Making Memories

My next project: Gunnar pages

3 kommentarer:

serendipity_viv sa...

Gorgeous layouts. Absolutely love DCVW papers. I buy so many of them. I like the idea about scrapping a double lo once a month to show the highlights of the month.

Caroline sa...

If you like those layouts you might like my other "scraptastic" post...

Anonym sa...

Du är sååååå duktig. Jag kämpar med stuge-album, men det ser bara som vanlig album. Jag behöver nog personlig vägledning.Jag lovar att jag ska vara snäll elev.