tisdag 14 april 2009

My trip and my new dog

After making a minialbum (8X8) about my Curacao trip I had some pictures and cutouts left over so I decided to make a full size page to put in my annual scrapbook. I had learned to make paper ruffles on a blog I read daily (Life as Lou) and couldn't wait to use it on a page. I think it looks great mimicking a beach and grounding the page. Although I usually make pages using more muted colors and a lot of distressing I think these bright colors and the contrast with black fits the theme perfectly.
To make the page I used cardstock in black and neon colors, bling from various brands and cutouts using the cricut cartridges "Going Places", "Cuttin' Up" and "Doodlecharms".
____________________________________________________________________

As most reader of my blog knows, my newest dog Gunnar was called Earl when we picked him up. This led me to use the name of the show "My name is Earl" as the title for my page, but at the same time indicating the change by crossing Earl out and replacing it with his new and improved name.
To make the page I printed out all of my favorite pictures of Gunnar's first couple of days with us and arranged it into a collage onto the Basic Grey background paper. The borders and letters were cut and ripped out of DCWV Pet pages paper. The letters were cut out using the "Cuttin up" cricut cartridge. I wrote the journaling on white tags decorated with Heidi Grace ribbons and on a Colorbok sticky journaling block. Above the "r" in Gunnar I have a tag cut ou using the cricut cartridge "Going Places". I decorated it with a Making Memories rub on and ribbon, a heart punch-out, crystal stars and doodles as well as a flower brad bought through Oriental Trading Company.

Troubleshooting: Scrapbooking like most crafts are more about troubleshooting and hiding mistakes than anything. I want to share what I did on this layout. Because I accidentally stamped my date upside down on the shaped tag I decided to cover it with a label made with my Dymo label maker. But because I didn't have any other things that were black I added some black punch-out hearts, black ribbon (LOVE) and some black ink to repeat the color throughout the page.

Inga kommentarer: