onsdag 22 april 2009

It's a scam

Had some trouble with a slow computer today. But I'm used to it. It was only annoying because it took forever to download pictures to my blog.

Suddenly the phone rings and a guy with an Indian accent tells me that my computer is running slow and he can fix it. I was a bit suspicious and asked how he knew and he gave me some explanation saying that the computer sent error reports. (Which I have sent to Microsoft support so it was kind of believable) I also asked how he got my number and I really didn't get his explanation. I asked what the company was and he ask me to got to their website supportonclick.com. As he asked for some information from me (my name and number which he already had, obviously) I Googled the company, but it would redirect me right back to their site. So I Googled supportonclick.com scam and several entries came up. So I just hung up before giving him anything else. He tried to call back, but no luck there buddy.

What a crock! It turns out that they cold call people in the US, UK and Australia trying to sell their computer support. According to some web sites they are possibly even infecting people with Trojans that they then fix. Thanks for nothing!

Beware everyone!

Inga kommentarer: