måndag 6 juli 2009

Yummy in my tummy

Tim has been on a fishing kick lately and with good results. Therefore we invited our friends to enjoy a meal of freshly caught fish. I coated the fish with seasoned flour and fried it in canola oil. It was served with my own tartar sauce. It was so liked that I was asked for the recipe. But I thought maybe more people wanted to make their own tartar sauce so I'm sharing my "secret" recipe. Disclaimer: I included some measurements, but I really don't measure when I make it. Taste it and make up your own mind.

Tartar sauce: Mix 4-5 tblsp mayo, the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tblsp sour cream, 1-2 cut up pickle spears, 1 tblsp chopped capers, chopped fresh dill (or dried dill), salt, pepper, garlic powder.

I have also gotten a lot of rhubarb lately and besides pie I like to make strawberry-rhubarb compote which is good with vanilla yogurt, ice cream, in Swedish pancakes (crepes) as a cake filling or just by itself

Strawberry-rhubarb compote
In a pot put 1 lb (500g) peeled and cut up rhubarb, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, the juice from 1 lime and 1 lemon (or 2 lemons), a few drops vanilla (or 4-5 tsp vanilla sugar). Boil the rhubarb until it falls apart (ca 15 min.). Mix 5 tsp corn starch with 5 tblsp of water. Pour and stir into the rhubarb mixture. Boil for another minute. Turn off the heat. Add one cup of sliced strawberries to the mixture and let stand until cooled.

Enjoy these summer delicacies

Inga kommentarer: