torsdag 15 oktober 2009

More funny words

It has been a while since I enlightened y'all with some interesting and funny words. But i found some for you to delight in:

foofaraw: excessive or flashy ornamentation; also, a fuss over a trivial matter.
It sounds great! I just need to use this word urgently. The Smiths have foofaraw Christmas decorations on their house. Or to say to a student: Don't make a foofaraw about it
titivate: to make decorative additions to; to spruce.
Another funny sounding word. And it reminds me that I have to titivate my livingroom for the fall.
triskaidekaphobia: fear of the number 13.
A highly useful word. Although I'm the opposite I am a triskaidekaphiliac...I love the number 13!
eldritch: unearthly; weird; eerie.
I feel that you cannot have too many synonyms for weird and creepy. I also love the word eerie. It stared when I watched the show "Eerie Town" which was great...but it also sounds and looks creepy.
logorrhea: excessive talkativeness.
Like diarrhea of the mouth. I know a few people like that....

Well that'll have to do for today. do not want to be accused of typorrhea

2 kommentarer:

Vlasta sa...

Typorrhea?Kan det vara skri diarre???

Caroline sa...

Jag kom pa det ordet sjalv...men det funkar val och kanske kommer det att bli poppis